Field Team Leader / Supervisor

  • Full Time
  • Dunstable
  • £22,000.00 - £28,000.00 /year USD / Year
  • Salary: £22,000.00 - £28,000.00 /year

Civicare Beds, Herts & Bucks Ltd is a well-established and expanding domiciliary care agency that has been providing care to clients and helping them to continue living safely and independently in their own homes. We are looking to recruit a warm, friendly, and proactive Field Care Supervisor to join its existing team. Our Field Supervisors report directly to the Registered and Service Managers and are our main link between the office and our Clients

Their most important responsibilities includes ensuring that our Clients are receiving the care and support they expect and deserve, ensuring that our Care Workers are carrying out their duties to the high standard that we expect of them, and working closely with the office-based team.

The work will involve conducting assessments and reviewing on a regular basis how the service is delivered. Field Supervisors spend approximately 90% of their working week in the field with Service Users and Care Workers with the remaining 10% being spent in the office in order to complete necessary administrative duties and report back to the Service Manager and Care Coordinator.


Principal responsibilities:

  • Carry out assessments and person-centred, outcome-based Care Plans for new Service Users;
  • Conduct Risk Assessments as part of the Individual Needs Assessment and to update these as required as part of the Service User’s risk management;
  • Carry out introductory visits every time a Care Worker visits a Service User for the first time;
  • Liaise closely with Care Coordinators regarding recruitment, permanent allocation of Care & Support Workers and the writing of Care & Support Plans;
  • Identify any training needs of Care Workers and report accordingly;
  • Conduct Care Reviews and respond to Individual Review Forms completed by Care Workers;
  • Report any changes in a Service User to the Care Coordinator;
  • Monitor, supervise and mentor all Care Workers in the field;
  • Encourage and identify opportunities for Care Workers’ continuing professional development.
  • Monitor all Service Users for customer satisfaction;
  • Ensure the accuracy and completeness of all documentation held in Service Users’ homes;
  • Ensure that all written reports and administration is up to date;
  • Liaise closely with the Branch Manager and Care Coordinator in the office and report back regularly on activity in the field;
  • To be on-call to cover calls in case of emergency.


Essential Skills and Characteristics:

  • At least one year’s experience of field care supervision OR at least two year’s experience of health and social care;
  • A warm, friendly, and professional manner;
  • A clean UK driving licence.
  • Strong preference for a car driver.

Desirable Skills:

  • Completed QCF Level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent qualification and upwards.
  • Car Driver


We wish to attract the best individuals to work with us. Accordingly, the salary range for this position is extremely competitive and an excellent benefits package is offered.

  • Full-time
  • Excellent Salary Package;
  • Paid Mileage;
  • 28 days annual leave;
  • Pension scheme;
  • Full training and induction given;
  • Free NVQ in Health & Social Care and Team Leading;
  • Supportive team.


To apply for this job email your details to